We - the First Response Action Coalition - are always working to engage others in the conversation of improving Peace Corps' response to sexual assault, rape, intimate partner violence, physical violence and beyond. Here are some highlights from the blogosphere so far this year:
- National Peace Corps Association's interview with Casey Frazee, founder of First Response Action.
- Not Another Wave (the blog that is "the feminist conversation for everyone") blogpost by Casey.
- Cincy Chic (an online publication based in Cincinnati, OH) interview with Casey.
- The Safer (Students Active For Ending Rape) Blog post in response to First Response Action.
- Re-print of Casey's WorldView article on the National Sexual Violence Resource Center's website.
It's also encouraging to see that this important conversation is making it's way outside of the Peace Corps community to the broader awareness in America. In June, the Washington Post wrote an article about safety issues during Peace Corps Service.
If you have found a website that references First Response Action or responds to issues of physical and sexual violence in the Peace Corps, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.